Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 22-08-2022
According to Marion Devane, a “superb trade prevailed across the board” at Tuam Mart’s most recent cattle sale on Monday, August 22nd, 2022.
The mart manager reported that cull cows soared to €2,350, while prices reached €2,520 in the bullock ring, and heifers topped out at €1,940. In the weanling rings, heifers fetched up to €1,400, and bulls peaked at €1,400.
Tuam Mart 22-08-2022:
- A pair 397 kg LMX by a Clonberne farmer made €1280 (€3.22/kg);
- 455 kg LMX by a Ballinalsoe farmer made €1370 (€3.01/kg);
- A pair 502 kg AAX by a Clonberne farmer made €1430 (€2.85/kg);
- 550 kg SIX by a Moylough famer made €1480 (€2.69/kg);
- A pair 577 kg SIX by a Moylough farmer made €1680 (€2.91/kg);
- 595 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1750 (€2.94/kg);
- 795 kg CHX by a Claretuam farmer made €2340 (€2.94/kg);
- 750 kg CHX by a Claretuam farmer made €2190 (€2.92/kg);
- 945 kg HEX by a Tuam farmer made €2520 (€2.67/kg).
- 410 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1300 (€3.17/kg);
- 425 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €1310 (€3.08/kg);
- 465 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1300 (€2.80/kg);
- 550 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1520 (€2.76/kg);
- 560 kg LMX by an Irishtown farmer made €1800 (€3.21/kg);
- 570 kg LMX by an Irishtown farmer made €1940 (€3.40/kg);.
- 605 kg AAX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1770 (€2.93/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 860 kg CHX by a Gardenfield farmer made €2350 (€2.73/kg)
- 690 kg LM by a Barnaderg farmer made €1910 (€2.77/kg)
- 840 kg CHX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €2290 (€2.73/kg)
- 715 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1940 (€2.71/kg)
- 815 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €2160 (€2.65/kg)
- 665 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1800 (€2.71/kg)
Weanling bull prices:
- 335 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1040 (€3.10/kg);
- 330 kg BBX by a Dunmore farmer made €1200 (€3.64/kg);
- 355 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1050 (€2.96/kg);
- 360 kg CHX by a Bullaun farmer made €1350 (€3.75/kg);
- 395 kg BBX by a Lissaleen farmer made €1230 (€3.11/kg);
- 370 kg LMX by a Lisaleen farmer made €1110 (€3.00/kg);
- 410 kg LMX by a Westport farmer made €1400 (€3.41/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 285 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €860 (€3.02/kg);
- 305 kg CHX by a Cumme farmer made €900 (€2.95/kg);
- 330 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €970 (€2.94/kg);
- 305 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €950 (€3.11/kg);
- 370 kg LMX by a Shrule farmer made €1240 (€3.35/kg);
- 390 kg BBX by an Irishtown farmer made €1400 (€3.58/kg).
How did prices compare to last week’s?
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].