Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 21-11-2022
According to Marion Devane, trade was reflective of the “superlative” stock on offer at Tuam Mart’s general cattle sale on 21-11-2022.
According to the mart manager, at Monday’s sale, bullocks reached €1,900, while cull cows peaked at €1,980, heifers soared to €1,510, weanling bulls made up to €1,030 and weanling heifers changed hands for up to €950.
- 4 CHX 557 kg by a Cummer farmer made €1620 (€2.91/kg);
- 435 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1480 (€3.36/kg);
- A pair 492 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1480 (€/kg);
- 515 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1460 (€2.83/kg);
- 520 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1580 (€3.04/kg);
- 570 kg by a Tuam farmer made €1730 (€3.04/kg);
- 705 kg LMX by a Kilcloghans farmer made €1900 (€2.70/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 785 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin Farmer made €1940 (€2.47/kg);
- 790 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1980 (€2.51/kg);
- 770 kg AAX by a Monivea farmer made €1860 (€2.42/kg);
- 795 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1910 (€2.40/kg);
- 690 kg LMX by Dunmore farmer made €1800 (€2.61/kg);
- 610 kg LMX by a Tuam Farmer made €1540 (€2.52/kg);
- 655 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1660 (€2.44/kg).
- A pair 435 kg LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €1270 (€2.92/kg);
- A pair 532 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1510 (€2.84/kg);
- 480 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1420 (€2.96/kg);
- 490 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1420 (€2.90/kg);
- 445 kg PIX by a Tullindaly farmer made €1450 (€3.26/kg);
- 525 kg CHX by a Togher farmer made €1480 (€2.82/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- A pair 317 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €870 (€2.74/kg);
- 310 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €870 (€2.81/kg);
- A pair 300 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €930 (€3.10/kg);
- 360 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1030 (€2.86/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 300 kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €950 (€3.17/kg);
- 255 kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €710 (€2.78/kg);
- 270 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €800 (€2.96/kg).
Last week’s cattle prices
Read a report from last week’s cattle sale.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].