Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 21-02-2023
According to Marion Devane, Monday’s general cattle sale at Tuam Mart on Monday, February 21st, 2023, saw a “positive” trade with a “strong” demand for both traditional and continental-type forward stores.
At Monday’s sale, cull cows soared to €2,210, while heifers pushed to €1,900 and bullocks made up to €2,100.
The mart manager reported that there were fewer cows presented for sale this week in comparison to last week, as reported by That’s Farming’s Catherina Cunnane, but despite this, trade was “strong” with both feedlots and factory agents active at the ringside and online.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, Devane commented: “Heifer and bullock prices remain positive with a larger number of traditional breeds on offer.”
“There was a strong demand both online and ringside for forward type store cattle along with a mighty trade for stronger factory fit type cattle.”
“Next week, Monday 27th, after our general sale at 11 am will see the return of our evening sale at 5:30 p m.”
“All eyes are now also set on our annual spring cattle show & sale on March 6th, 2023. Bookings and enquiries on 093-24353,” Devane added.
Tuam Mart 21-02-2023
- 3 CHX 420 kg by a Cloonkeely farmer made €1280 (€3.05/kg);
- A pair 492 CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1490 (€3.03/kg);
- 525 kg AAX by a Cummer farmer made €1590 (€3.03/kg);
- 530 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1660 (€2.99/kg);
- 540 kg AAX by a Feigh West farmer made €1630 (€3.02/kg);
- 635 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1900 (€2.99/kg).
- 415 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1330 (€3.20/kg);
- A pair 467 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1390 (€2.98/kg);
- 460 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1430 (€3.11/kg);
- 520 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1640 (€3.15/kg);
- 570 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1780 (€3.12/kg);
- 615 kg LMX by a Mountbellew farmer made €1900 (€3.09/kg);
- 665 kg CHX by a Mountbellew farmer made €2100 (€3.16/kg).
Cull cow prices
- 735 kg LMX by a Williamstown farmer made €2080 (€2.83/kg);
- 695 kg CHX by a Moycullen farmer made €1950 (€2.81/kg);
- 760 kg LMX by a Moyne farmer made €2140 (€2.82/kg);
- 760 kg HEX by a Dunmore farmer made €2150 (€2.83/kg);
- 655 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €2040 (€3.11/kg);
- 670 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €2000 (€2.99/kg);
- 710 kg LMX by a Williamstown farmer made €2210 (€3.11/kg).
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].