Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 20-03-2023
According to Marion Devane, trade and turnout persisted at Tuam Mart’s cattle sale on Monday, March 20th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that a “buoyant” trade prevailed throughout the day with a strong entry of bullocks.
She outlined that “all were met with a lively trade primarily from feedlot buyers and farmer finishers”.
Tuam Mart 20-03-2023
- 420 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1300 (€3.10/kg);
- 440 kg CHX by a Brackloon farmer made €1350 (€3.07/kg);
- 460 kg AAX by a Clonberne farmer made €1370 (€2.98/kg);
- 500 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €1590 (€3.18/kg);
- 545 kg LMX by a Horselap farmer made €1610 (€2.95/kg)
- 555 kg PTX by a Brierfield farmer made €1770 (€3.19/kg);
- 540 kg PTX by a Brierfield farmer made €1700 (€3.15/kg);
- 580 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1730 (€2.98/kg);
- 630 kg CHX by a Horseleap farmer made €1870 (€2.97/kg);
- 690 kg BBX by a Dunmore farmer made €2240 (€3.25/kg).
- 355 kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €1170 (€3.30/kg);
- 425 LMX by a Danagan farmer made €1400 (€3.29/kg);
- 475 CHX by a Coolourty farmer made €1530 (€3.22/kg);
- A pair 532 kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €1700 (€3.20/kg);
- A pair 532 kg CHX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1740 (€3.27/kg);
- 565 kg LMX by a Caherlea farmer made €1810 (€3.20/kg);
- 565 kk LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €1850 (€3.27/kg);
- 595 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1940 (€3.26/kg);
- 620 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €2030 (€3.27/kg);
- 695 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2250 (€3.24/kg);
- 660 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €2100 (€3.18/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 675 kg CHX by a Williamstown farmer made €1700 (€2.52/kg);
- 695 kg SHX by a Belclare farmer made €1550 (€2.23/kg);
- 755 kg BBX by a Cummer farmer made €1950 (€2.58/kg);
- 625 kg LMX by a Sylane farmer made €1500 (€2.40/kg);
- 675 kg LM by a Carrowmoneen €1760 (€2.61/kg).
Next week (Monday, 27th), after the mart’s general sale at 11 am. will see the return of its evening sale at 5:30 p m. Bookings have commenced for its April (10th) Bank Holiday Cattle Sale – Bookings & enquiries to – 093-24353
Last week’s cattle prices
Here is a link to the mart report from last week.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].