Tuam Mart – cattle prices – 17-01-2022
According to Marion Devane, there was a “strong” number of cattle turned out for Tuam Mart on Monday, January 17th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that a “good trade” prevailed at its first opening cattle sale of the year, which led to a 99% clearance.
“The cow trade was exceptionally strong with large demand from both ringside and online buyers for heavy cows that were presented for sale,” Devane added.
Tuam Mart 17-01-2022:
Cull cow prices:
- The top price was for an 880 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €2180 (€2.48/kg);
- Cows by a Dunmore farmer, including 725 kg LMX made €1680 (€2.32/kg) and a 775 kg LMX made 1800 (€2.32/kg);
- 740 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1630 (€2.20/kg);
- 830 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1790 (€2.16/kg).
According to Devane, a “small” selection of heifers went under the hammer:
- 320 kg AAX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €700 (€2.19/kg);
- 440 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1090 (€2.48/kg);
- 445 kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €1000 (€2.25/kg);
- 460 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1120 (€2.43/kg);
- 505 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1160 (€2.30/kg);
- 525 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1300 (€2.48/kg).
Furthermore, she added that a “larger” selection of bullocks passed through the ring:
- 295 kg LM by a Lavally farmer made €770 (€2.61/kg);
- 490 kg AAX by a Ballinrobe farmer made €1150 (€2.35/kg);
- 480 kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €1040 (€1040/kg);
- 515 kg AAX by a Milltown famer made €1180 (€2.29/kg);
- 585 kg LMX by a Liskeavy farmer made €1560 (€2.67/kg);
- 750 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1940 (€2.59/kg).
Devane reported that a “small number” of weanlings passed through the rings.
“Many farmers are holding off for our special evening weanling sale next Monday, January 24th, 2022, at 5:30 p.m.”
Weanling heifer prices include:
- 240 kg LMX by a Dangan farmer made €690 (€2.88/kg);
- 320 kg LMX made €850 (€2.66/kg);
- 335 kg LMX made €850 (€2.54/kg).
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
- Next month: Special evening weanling sale at 5:30 pm. Norman Connolly’s sale of in-calf heifers and heifers with calves at foot in ring 2 at 7 p.m.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]