Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 12-09-2022
According to Marion Devane, a “good” demand prevailed at Tuam Mart’s most recent cattle sale on Monday, September 12th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that both farmers and factory agents were active ringside.
Prices topped at €2,440 in the cull cow ring, while heifers sold to €2,170 and bullocks hit €2,180 at its most recent general weekly cattle sale.
Tuam Mart 12-09-2022
- 365 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1060 (€2.90/kg);
- 400 kg CHX by a CHX by a Cortoon farmer made €1200 (€3.00/kg);
- A pair 417 kg by a Woodquay farmer made €1160 (€2.78/kg);
- 425 kg LMX by a Corrandulla farmer made €1290 (€3.04/kg);
- 460 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1310 (€2.85/kg);
- 470 kg CHX by a Corrandulla farmer made €1360 (€2.89/kg);
- A pair 520 kg by a Colemanstown farmer made €1420 (€2.73/kg);
- 530 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1500 (€2.83/kg);
- 545 kg LM by a Cortoon farmer made €1420 (€2.61/kg)
- 575 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €1670 (€2.90/kg);
- 730 kg CHX by a Kilbannon farmer made €2170 (€2.97/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 625 kg LMX by an Athenry farmer made €1650 (€2.64/kg);
- 730 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €1790 (€2.45/kg);
- 625 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1630 (€2.61/kg);
- Three 940 kg CHX cows by a Headford farmer made €2440 (€2.60/kg);
- 700 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1820 (€2.60/kg);
- 705 kg LMX by a Clonberne farmer made €1710 (€2.43/kg).
- 405 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1210 (€2.99/kg);
- A pair 475 kg LMX by a Cloonmoyle farmer made €1370 (€2.88/kg);
- 485 kg LMX by a Clonberne farmer made €1420 (€2.93/kg);
- 540 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1650 (€3.06/kg);
- 515 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1470 (€2.85/kg);
- 545 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1590 (€2.92/kg);
- 625 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1860 (€2.98/kg);
- 660 kg LMX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1860 (€2.82/kg);
- A pair 652 kg LMX by a Caherlistrane farmer made €1890 (€2.90/kg);
- A Pair 795 kg CHX by a Caherlistrane farmer made €2180 (€2.74/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 385 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1220 (€3.17/kg);
- 370 kg LMX by a Corofin farmer made €1210 (€3.27/kg);
- A pair 312 kg LMX by a Kilgeverin farmer made €1090 (€3.49/kg);
- 365 kg LMX by a Ballinrobe farmer made €1190 (€3.26/kg);
- 430 kg LM by a Kilcolgan farmer made €1320 (€3.07/kg);
- 315 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €1030 (€3.27/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 370 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1090 (€2.95/kg);
- 330 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €940 (€2.85/kg);
- 295 kg LMX by a Hollymount farmer made €850 (€2.88/kg);
- 420 kg LMX (1st) by a Williamstown farmer made €1450 (€3.45/kg);
- 360 kg LMX by a Caherkistrane farmer made €1050 (€2.92/kg);
- 310 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €960 (€3.10/kg);
- 280 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €880 (€3.14/kg).
1: AIB Cup
- First place: Mattie Keane, Sylane
- Second place: John F Mullin, Dunmore
2: St Jarlath Credit Union
- First place: Gerard Brennan, Williamstown
- Second place: Conor Burke, Belclare
3: Corrib Oil Cup
- First place: Frank Langan, Headford
4: Munster AI
- First place: Brendan Geraghty, Williamstown
Last week’s cattle sale
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].