Tuam Mart report – cattle prices – 11-10-2021
According to Marion Devane, prices “remained steady” at Tuam Mart on Monday, October 10th, 2021.
The mart manager reported that its weekly cattle sale “saw a good trade all around”.
“Trade was lively. A large number of cows were presented for sale and factory agents eager to secure supplies,” she added.
Tuam Mart 11-10-2021
Cull cow prices:
- 760 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1680 (€2.21);
- 525 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1050 (€2.00/kg);
- 705 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1470 (€2.09/kg);
- 695 kg LMX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1370 (€1.97/kg);
- 760 kg SIX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1550 (€2.04/kg);
- 975 kg CH by a Claregalway farmer made €2170 (€2.23/kg).
Devane reported that the mart recorded “positive” prices in this ring with a “good mix” of continental lots on offer.
- 395 kg SIX by a Tuam farmer made €1050 (€2.66/kg);
- 375 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €900 (€2.40/kg);
- 390 kg CH by a Tuam farmer made 900 (€2.31/kg);
- 440 kg LMX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1250 (€2.84/kg);
- 3 AAX 458 kg by a Mountbellew farmer made €1100 (€2.40/kg);
- 460 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1190 (€2.59/kg);
- 485 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1300 (€2.68/kg);
- 510 kg CHX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1310 (€2.57/kg);
- 540 kg CHX by an Abbyeknockmoy farmer made €1250 (€2.40/kg);
- 655 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €1630 (€2.45/kg);
- 655 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1700 (€2.60/kg);
- 790 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1880 (€2.38/kg).
- 370 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €940 (€2.54/kg);
- 395 kg HEX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €980 (€2.48/kg);
- 490 kg LMX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1330 (€2.69/kg);
- 485 kg by a Dunmore farmer made €1240 (€2.56/kg);
- 500 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1200 (€2.40/kg);
- 510 PTX by a Tuam farmer made €1240 (€2.43/kg);
- 590 kg LMX by Tuam farmer made €146 (€2.47/kg);
- 2 LMX 757 kg by a Rusheens farmer made €1820 (€2.40/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
The mart manager reported that a “lively” trade prevailed at its weanling sale on Monday evening.
- 350 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €960 (€2.74/kg);
- 320 kg BBX by a Cummer farmer made €900 (€900/kg);
- 330 kg LMX by a Tuam famer made €960 (€2.81/kg);
- 350 kg LM by a Currandulla farmer made €990 (€2.83/kg);
- 395 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1070 (€2.93/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 240 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €870 (€3.63/kg);
- 255 kg BBX by a Cummer farmer made €890 (€3.49/kg);
- 270 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €900 (€3.33/kg);
- 360 kg LMX by a Dangan farmer made €1000 (€2.78/kg);
- 415 kg LMX by a Syalne farmer made €1160 (€2.80/kg).
Read a report from last week’s sale, which saw premium prices for continental stores, while plainer sorts were “a sticker” trade.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]