Tuam Mart report – cattle prices – 08-11-2021
According to Marion Devane, a smaller entry went under the hammer at Tuam Mart, Co Galway, on 08-11-2021.
The mart manager reported that “trade remained positive, despite a slight cooling off in prices”.
Tuam Mart 08-11-2021:
Cull cow prices:
- 705 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1430 (€2.03/kg);
- 675 kg PTX by a Lavally farmer made €1340 (€1.99/kg);
- 880 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €1860 (€2.11/kg);
- 980 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €2140 (€2.18/kg);
- 725 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1380 (€1.90/kg);
- 785 kg FR by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1260 (€1.61/kg).
- A pair 460 kg AAX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €920 (€2.00/kg);
- 485 kg LMX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1090 (€2.25/kg);
- 460 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1120 (€2.43/kg);
- 440 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1070 (€2.43/kg);
- 495 kg LMX by Cummer farmer made €1170 (€2.36/kg);
- A pair 472 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1100 (€2.23/kg);
- 515 kg CHX by a Ruheens farmer made €1310 (€2.54/kg);
- A pair 690 kg LMX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1600 (€2.32/kg);
- 685 kg AAX by a Tuam farmer made €1680 (€2.45/kg).
- Pair of 377 kg CHX by a Roscommon farmer made €1000 (€2.65/kg);
- 435 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1010 (€2.32/kg);
- Three AAX 440 KG by a Frenchpark farmer made €980 (€2.23/kg);
- 495 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1230 (€2.48/kg);
- Pair of 492 kg CHX by an Irishtown farmer made €1270 (€2.58/kg);
- 480 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1290 (€2.69/kg);
- Three HEX 511 kg by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1020 (€2.02/kg);
- Pair of 525 kg CHX by an Athenry farmer made €1300 (€2.48/kg);
- 550 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1280 (€2.33/kg);
- 710 kg LMX by a Sylane farmer made €1550 (€2.18/kg);
- 765 kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1680 (€2.20/kg);
- 735 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1680 (€2.29/kg).
Devane reported that there was “strong” farmer demand for weanlings at Monday’s sale.
She added that there was a “high level” online activity for weanlings.
- A pair of 297 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €890 (€3.00/kg);
- Pair of 272 kg LMX by a Ballinrobe farmer made €870 (€3.20/kg);
- 320 kg CHX by a Mountbellew farmer made €880 (€2.75/kg);
- Pair of 337 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1030 (€3.06/kg);
- 335 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1010 (€3.01/kg).
The mart manager reported that there was “a strong selection of good type continental bulls on offer”.
- Pair of 395 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1130 (€2.86/kg);
- 350 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1090 (€3.11/kg);
- Pair of 305 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €840 (€2.75/kg);
- 315 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €900 (€2.86/kg);
- 345 kg BAX by a Newbridge farmer made €910 (€2.64/kg).
Last week’s cattle sale:
Report with prices.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm. Sheep sales will commence at 5 p.m. from Tuesday, November 2nd.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]