Tuam Mart report – cattle prices – 04-10-2021
According to Marion Devane, over 700 cattle went under the hammer at Tuam Mart’s general cattle sale on Monday, October 4th, 2021.
The mart manager reported a “sharp trade across the board with premium prices being paid for good, continental-type store cattle”.
“Despite grass being plentiful, many farmers are anxious to get cattle off the land due to the deteriorating weather conditions.”
“While a shaper trade was reported, plainer-type stock were a stickier trade,” she remarked.
Tuam Mart 04-10-2021:
Devane reported that “once again, the cow trade was on fire”.
- 795 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1880 (€2.36/kg);
- 915 kg CH by a Dunmore farmer made €2060 (€2.25/kg);
- 905 kg SI made €1960 (€2.25/kg);
- 750 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made (1640 (€2.19/kg);
- 700 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1530 (2.19/kg);
- 875 kg CH by a Tuam farmer made €1750 (€2.00/kg).
She remarked that the heifer trade was “also exceptional” with a “good” display of continental type cattle on offer.
- 345 kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1000 (€2.90/kg);
- 380 kg CHX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1080 (€2.84/kg);
- 355 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €960 (€2.87/kg);
- 435 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1080 (€2.48/kg);
- 435 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1220 (€2.80/kg);
- 490 kg LMX by a Moylough farmer made €1270 (€2.59/kg);
- 525 kg LMX by a Bummer farmer made €1480 (€2.82/kg);
- 615 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1520 (€2.47/kg);
- 675 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1730 (€2.56/kg).
Tuam Mart 04-10-2021: Bullocks:
She said that similarly, bullock prices were “exceptional”. “There was also a good demand for Angus-type cattle from factory agents.”
- 395 kg LMX by a Claregalway farmer made €1110 (€2.81/kg);
- 345 kg AAX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €790 (€2.29/kg);
- 3 AAX 326 kg by a Ballinasloe farmer made €750 (€2.30/kg);
- 355 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €980 (€2.76/kg);
- A pair of a LMX and CHX 432 kg by a Lavally farmer made €1200 (€2.78/kg);
- 485 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1280 (€2.64/kg);
- 490 kg CHX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1320 (€2.69/kg);
- 520 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1460 (€2.81/kg);
- 595 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1580 (€2.66/kg);
- 530 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1380 (€2.60/kg);
- A pair of 428 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1130 (€2.64/kg);
- 625 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1660 (€2.66/kg);
- 690 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1730 (€2.51/kg).
Weanlings met with a “flying” trade, although she did note that farmers presented “exceptional” calves for sale for its special Charolais Weanling sale.
- A pair of CHX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer 402 kg made €1230 (€3.06/kg);
- 245 kg CHX by a Sylane farmer made €760 made (€3.10/kg);
- 275 kg CHX by a Gallagh farmer made €940 kg (€3.42/kg);
- 305 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €970 (€3.18/kg);
- 470 kg CHX by a Ballinrobe farmer made €1250 (€2.66/kg);
- 315 kg CHX by a Turloughmore farmer made €960 (€3.05/kg);
- 375 kg BBX by a Tuam farmer made €1200 (€3.20/kg);
- 350 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1120 (€3.20).
Winner of this the best price with the weight for the weanling bulls went to Padraic McGrath from Cahergal with his 350 kg CHX making €1120 (€770 with the weight).
Weanling heifers were also a “very good” trade with particularly strong demand from farmers.
- 235 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €740 (€3.15/kg);
- 290 kg LM by a Kilbannon farmer made €920 (€3.17/kg);
- 325 kg CHX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1010 (€3.11/kg);
- 315 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1000 (€3.17/kg);
- 350 kg CHX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1210 (€3.46);
- 290 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €950 (€3.28/kg).
Winner of this the best price with the weight for the weanling heifers went to Des Flanagan from Cloghanshill for his 350 kg CHX making €1210 (€860 with the weight).
Read a report from last week’s sale, which saw cull cows climb to €2,600 and heifers to €2,460.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
- October 11th; Next Limousin evening weanling sale. A special ICBF 4/5-star heifer sale in conjunction with the general sale.
Read more mart reports. Sheep report to follow.
To include your reports, email – firstname.lastname@example.org