Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 03-10-2022
According to Marion Devane, a “superb” yard of cattle met with a “vibrant” trade at Tuam Mart on Monday, October 3rd, 2022.
The mart manager reported that cull cows topped out at €2,300, while heifers soared to €2,630 and bullocks led at €2,440.
Tuam Mart 03-10-2022
- A pair 382 kg CHX by €1150 (€3.01/kg);
- 455 kg CHX by a Horseleap farmer made €1330 (€2.92/kg);
- 450 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1370 (€3.04/kg);
- 515 kg by a Gardenfield farmer made €1590 (€3.09/kg);
- 565 kg by a Cahergal farmer made €1780 (€3.15/kg);
- 560 kg by a Dunmore farmer made €2100 (€3.75/kg);
- 600 kg by a Dunmore farmer made €2340 (€3.90/kg);
- 840 kg by a Rusheens farmer made €2630 (€3.13/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 900 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €2160 (€2.40/kg);
- 930 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €2300 (€2.47/kg);
- 670 kg CH by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1700 (€2.54/kg);
- 660 kg BBX by a Cloonmore farmer made €1640 (€2.48/kg);
- 620 kg LMX by a Dangan farmer made €1690 (€2.73/kg);
- 900 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2300 (€2.56/kg).
- 465 kg LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €1420 (€3.05/kg);
- 475 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €1420 (€2.99/kg);
- 500 kg BBX by a Claremorris farmer made €1470 (€2.94/kg);
- A pair 542 kg by a Dunmore farmer made €1490 (€2.75/kg);
- 580 kg CHX by a Claremorris farmer made €1620 (€2.79/kg);
- 685 kg by a Milltown farmer made €1950 (€2.85/kg);
- 775 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €2070 (€2.67/kg);
- 825 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €2440 (€2.96/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 350 kg CHX by a Barbersfort farmer made €1110 (€3.17/kg);
- 260 kg CHX by a Moylough farmer made €830 (€3.19/kg);
- 335 kg CHX by a Lanesboro farmer made €1160 (€3.46/kg);
- 350 kg BBX by a Lavally farmer made €1070 (€3.06/kg);
- 285 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1180 (€4.14/kg);
- 360 kg CHX by a Horseleap farmer made €1430 (€3.92/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 275 kg CHX by a Ballyhaunis farmer made €830 (€3.02/kg);
- 300 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €940(€3.13/kg);
- 315 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €980 (€3.11/kg);
- 275 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €940 (€3.24/kg);
- 345 kg CHX by a Currandulla farmer made €1060 (€3.07/kg);
- 325 kg CHX by a Heaford farmer made €1030 (€3.17/kg).
Tuam Mart – October Heifer Show and Sale
1: Paul & Vincents – Best Single Heifer in the Yard
- 1st – Noel Sice, Kilmore, Tuam, Co. Galway
- 2nd – John Charles, Woodfiled, Dunmore, Co Galway
2: I.F.A Cup – Best Pair of Heifers in the Yard
- 1st – JJ Walsh, Gardenfield, Tuam, Co. Galway
- 2nd – JJ Walsh, Gardenfield, Tuam, Co. Galway
3: Corrib Oil – Best Cow in the Yard
- 1st – John Charles, Woodfield, Dunmore, Co Galway
Last week’s cattle sale
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].