Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 02-05-2022
Marion Devane used the word “startling” to describe trade at Tuam Mart’s latest cattle sale on Monday, May 2nd, 2022.
The mart manager reported that cull cows were the highlight of the sale, once again, reaching up to €2,780/head, while heifers hit €2,340 and bullocks soared to €2,180.
Meanwhile, weanling bulls made up to €1,150/head, and weanling heifers fetched up to €1,090/head.
Tuam Mart 02-05-2022:
- 3 LMX 431 kg by a Cloonascragh Farmer made €1320 (€3.06/kg);
- 5 CHX 458 kg by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1300 (€2.84/kg);
- 495 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1460 (€2.95/kg);
- 515 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1460 (€2.83/kg);
- 535 kg LMX by a Carnane farmer made €1630 (€3.05/kg);
- 560 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1800 (€3.21/kg);
- 580 kg SIX by a Tuam farmer made €1740 (€3.00/kg);
- 620 kg AAX by a Milltown farmer made €1660 (€2.68/kg);
- 730 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €2140 (€2.93/kg);
- 755 kg CH by a Cummer farmer made €2340 (€3.10/kg).
- 351 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €1220 (€3.48/kg);
- 402 kg CHX by a Cumme farmer made €1200 (€2.99/kg);
- 510 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1570 (€3.08/kg);
- 555 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1680 (€3.03/kg);
- 560 kg CHX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1630 (€2.91/kg);
- 580 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1830 (€3.16/kg);
- 625 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1880 (€3.01/kg);
- 690 kg CHX by a Bodane farmer made €2080 (€3.01/kg);
- 695 LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €2180 (€3.14/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 695 kg CHX by a Kilgeverin farmer made €1880 (€1880/kg);
- 790 kg SI by a Dunmore farmer made €2320 (€2.94/kg);
- 740 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €2130 (€2.93/kg);
- 900 kg LMX by a Cmmer farmer made €2640 (€2.93/kg);
- 835 kg BB by a Ballyglunin farmer made €2780 (€3.33/kg);
- 810 kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €2400 (€2.96/kg);
- 875 kg CHX by a Rusheens farmer made €2380 (€2.72/kg);
- 775 kg LMX by a Hillswood farmer made €2240 (€2.89/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 335 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1060 (€3.16/kg);
- 375 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1150 (€3.07/kg);
- 380 kg CHX by a Corrandulla farmer made €1080 (€2.84/kg);
- 275 kg LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €850 (€3.09/kg);
- 285 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €950 (€3.33/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 325 kg LM by a Lavally farmer made €1010 (€3.11/kg);
- 360 kg CHX by a Cortoon farmer made €1090 (€3.03/kg);
- 260 kg CHX by a Gallagh farmer made €790 (€3.04/kg);
- 335 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1050 (€3.132/kg);
- 330 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €980 (€2.97/kg);
- 285 kg by a Spiddal farmer made €900 (€3.16/kg).
Last week’s cattle sales:
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Cattle and sheep sales:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Monday, May 9th: Special sale of forward stores at 11am;
- Monday, May 16th: General cattle sale and special sale of autumn-born weanlings.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].