Tuam Mart – cattle prices – 01-11-2021
According to Marion Devane, there was a “good trade all-round” at Tuam Mart’s 60th-anniversary sale on November 1st, 2021.
The mart manager told That’s Farming: “Despite prices curtailing on last week’s sale, trade remains positive.”
“We would like to thank all of our generous sponsors that contributed to our 60th celebrations and our customer rewards day.”
Tuam Mart 01-11-2021:
Cull cow prices:
- 725 kg AAX by Tuam farmer made €1340 (€1.85/kg);
- 820 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1940 (€2.37/kg);
- 715 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1590 (€2.22/kg);
- 620 kg SHX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1130 (€1.82/kg);
- 920 kg HEX by a Belclare farmer made €1980 (€2.15/kg);
- 685 kg AAX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1290 (€1.88/kg);
- Winner of the cow class went to Sean Tierney of Lavally with his 820 kg cow making €1940 – €1120 with the weight.
Suckler pairs and springer prices:
- LMX with a calf at foot made €1980, while in-calf heifers made up to €1,900.
Devane reported that a “sharp” bullock trade prevailed with “strong demand” for farmers for good quality continental stores.
- Pair of 375 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1040 (€2.77/kg);
- Pair of 440 kg AAX by a Frenchpark farmer made €1000 (€2.27/kg);
- 415 kg CHX by a Williamstown farmer made €990 (€2.39/kg);
- 480 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1170 (€2.44/kg);
- 575 kg CHX by a Claregalway farmer made €1400 (€2.43/kg);
- Pair of 397 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1020 (€2.57/kg);
- 495 kg HEX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €940 (€1.90/kg);
- 555 kg SAX by a Dunmore farmer made €1240 (€2.23/kg);
- 585 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1270 (€2.17/kg);
- Pair of 782 kg LMX by a Rusheens farmer made €1880 (€2.40/kg)
695 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1790 (€2.58/kg);
- Pair of 382 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €950 (€2.49/kg);
- Winner of the ½ tonne of beef ration went to Martin Carroll with his pair of 782 kg LMX making €1880 – €1098 with the weight.
In the heifer ring, trade was “easier this week with a cooling off in prices in some spots”.
- 320 kg SIX by a Lavally farmer made €800 (€2.50/kg);
- 445 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1160 (€2.61/kg);
- 465 kg CHX by a Sylane farmer made €1150 (€2.47/kg);
- 425 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €960 (€2.26/kg);
- 485 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1090 (€2.25/kg);
- Pair of 552 kg CHX by an Athenry farmer made €1330 (€2.41/kg);
- 525 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1200 (€2.29/kg);
- 605 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1460 (€2.41/kg);
- 700 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €1590 (€2.27/kg);
- Winner of ½ of beef ration went to Michael Treacy of Milltown with his 720 kg LMX making €1700 – €980 with the weight.
Weanling bull prices
Devane reported that trade was “a little easier” for weanling bulls this week.
- 280 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €750 (€2.68/kg);
- 315 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €890 (€2.83/kg);
- 400 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €950 (€2.38/kg);
- 360 kg PTX by a Tuam farmer made €1010 (€2.81/kg);
- 280 kg LMX by a Ballinrobe farmer made €800 (€2.86/kg);
- 335 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1000 (€2.99/kg);
- Pair of 287 kg LMX by a Turloughmore farmer made €760 (€2.65/kg);
- Winner of the 10 bags of weanling ration went to Sean Murray of Ballinasloe with his 405 kg BBX making €1100 – €695 with the weight.
Weanling heifer prices: Tuam Mart 01-11-2021:
Devane outlined at a “superb weanling heifer trade prevailed at the evening sale with farmers anxious to secure animals for housing”.
- 295 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €870 (€2.95/kg);
- 255 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €720 (€2.82/kg);
- 245 kg CHX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €800 (€3.45/kg);
- Pair of 252 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €870 (€3.45/kg);
- 245 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €700 (€2.86/kg);
- 295 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €800 (€2.71/kg);
- 285 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €840 (€2.95/kg);
- Winner of the 10 bags of weanling ration went to Brendan Nestor with his pair of 252 kg LMX making €870 – €618 with the weight.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm. Sheep sales will commence at 5 p.m. from Tuesday, November 2nd.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]