Saturday, December 9, 2023
9.8 C
HomeBeef‘Public liability is one of the most important covers you need to...
Catherina Cunnane
Catherina Cunnane
Catherina Cunnane hails from a sixth-generation drystock and specialised pedigree suckler enterprise in Co. Mayo. She currently holds the positions of editor and general manager at That's Farming, having joined the firm during its start-up phase in 2015.
Reading Time: 2 minutes

‘Public liability is one of the most important covers you need to consider’

AXA Insurance has appointed Tom McCarthy as its regional manager for Munster.

The west Cork native comes from a farming background and has over 20 years’ experience, working with farmers through his role as manager with Cork Co-op Marts in Bandon and Skibbereen.

He was also a livestock officer for the Irish Farmers’ Association in Munster and a regional development officer for Co. Kerry.

A graduate of the Teagasc Agricultural College in Clonakilty and the Cork Institute of Technology, he has gained great experience in understanding farmers and agricultural business.

Tom said he looked forward to working with farmers and agri-businesses in Munster. “We will be offering them the best insurance cover on the market today.”

“Public liability is one of the most important covers you need to consider. The best public liability covers your legal responsibility for accidental injury to anyone, or loss and damage to material property.”

According to Tom, AXA offers a standard cover limit of €3 million, which is the “highest level of standard cover on the market”.

He also reminded farmers that having employer’s liability covers the costs and expenses of claimants you are legally liable for and other costs incurred.

AXA also offers cover for any voluntary helpers at a reduced rate.


Christy Doherty, head of agriculture at AXA Insurance, commented:

“Of course, you want to ensure that everything on your farm is protected, from your livestock to your vehicles and your home.”

“AXA Smart Farm Insurance offers two simple choices based on the size of your farm. This means that you can customise your policy so that you are not paying for cover you do not need.”

Another point Tom made was that protection for the vehicles that farmers use around the farm is not a given with all insurance policies.

“If you have a tractor, trailer or any other agri vehicle that you depend on, consider the type of cover you need for it, like third-party, fire and theft, or comprehensive cover,” he added.

Further information

To contact Tom McCarthy, email – [email protected] – or phone: 087/9136311

- Advertisment -

Most Popular