Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 28-10-2021
The mart manager reported that “some great quality cattle were on offer, with a great demand for these”.
“Stronger lots sold from €2.20/kg to €2.60/kg, while lighter lots sold from €2.40/kg to €2.80/kg.”
“Aberdeen Angus and Hereford cattle also sold well and, in most cases, sold from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg.”
Raphoe Mart 28-10-2021:
- Bulls made from €1.90/kg to €2.50/kg;
- Bullocks ranged from €2/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2.10/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €600/head to €2010/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €600 to €780 over;
- Beef bullocks – €650 to €1070 over;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €900 over;
- Beef heifers – €500 to €1140 over;
- Store heifers – €350 to €765 over.
Last week’s prices
According to mart manager, Ann Harkin, all cattle on offer at Raphoe last week “sold in a great trade”.
She reported that dairy-bred Angus and Hereford cattle sold from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg, while continental entries went under the hammer from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg.
Meanwhile, she added that heifers for breeding sold between €1,400 and €1,600/head.
Read a report.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, this week’s sheep sale attracted another “large entry”. She highlighted that an “excellent” trade resulted in a near-complete clearance.
- €80 to €100 for 27-32 kgs;
- €100 to €120 for 33-41 kgs;
- €120 to €140 for 42-47 kgs;
- €140 to €150 for 48-55 kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €80 to €150
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]