Raphoe Mart report – cattle prices – 27-05-2021
According to Ann Harkin, a “good entry” of cattle was presented for sale at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, May 27th, 2021.
“Strong forward cattle still in great demand with factory agents and farmers keen to purchase for further feeding.”
Raphoe Mart 27-05-2021 – €/kg basis:
- Bulls/bullocks sold from €2/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Heifers made from €2/kg to €2.80/kg.
- Beef bullocks over 600 kgs – €600 to €475 over;
- Store bullocks – €465 to €550 over;
- Beef heifers – €500 to €890 over;
- Store heifers – €350 to €765 over;
- Fat cows went under the hammer from €600/head to €1790/head.
Raphoe Mart 21-05-2021:
According to Ann Harkin, trade was lively for all lots on offer, especially strong forward cattle at the mart on Thursday, May 21st, 2021.
The mart manager reported that cull cows reached €2,070, while heifers pushed up to €1,050 over the kg.
“Quality store cattle also sold well with a lot of these selling from €2.40/kg to €3/kg. Lighter, plain sorts proved more difficult to sell on the day ranging from €1.70/kg to €2/kg.”
- Bullocks/bulls sold from €2/kg to €3/kg
- Heifers fetched from €2/kg to €2.80/kg
- Fat cows made from €600/head to €2070/head
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €690 to €980 over;
- Beef bullocks – €550 to €775 over;
- Store bullocks – €450 to €570 over;
- Beef heifers – €450 to €1050 over;
- Store heifers – €300 to €570 over.
Sheep prices 24-05-2021:
According to the mart manager, a “great trade for all sheep” resulted in a full clearance at the Donegal-based mart on Monday, May 24th, 2021.
Spring lambs prices:
- €100 to €130 for 30-36 kgs;
- €130 to €150 for 37-42 kgs;
- €150 to €174 for 43-50 kgs.
- Fat ewes changed hands from €80 to €192;
- Ewes with one lamb ranged from €135 to €190;
- Ewes with twin lambs peaked at €195.
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385 or see Raphoe Mart Facebook page.
Read more mart reports.