Raphoe Mart report – cattle prices – 26-08-2021
The mart manager reported that “strong, quality cattle sold to a strong trade with buyers still anxious to purchase these”.
“These sold from €2.40/kg to €2.70/kg. Meanwhile, plainer lots sold from €2.10/kg to €2.40/kg.”
Raphoe Mart 26-08-2021:
“Medium weights were also a great trade, selling from €2.50/kg to €2.90/kg for quality lots, with plainer lots from €2.10/kg to €2.50/kg.”
“Meanwhile, lighter lots sold from €2.50/kg to €2.90/kg for quality lots with plainer lots from €2.20/kg to €2.50/kg.”
“Friesian bullocks sold from €1.60/kg to €1.90/kg from 430kgs to 500kgs animals.”
“Lighter Friesian bulls sold from €1.40/kg to €1.60/kg,” she concluded.
Raphoe Mart report – cattle prices – 19-08-2021
The mart manager reported that prices “remained very strong” for quality lots, from €2.50/kg to €2.80/kg.
“Strong forward cattle were also in great demand, selling from €2.40/kg to €2.80/kg. Aberdeen Angus and Hereford cattle sold from €2/kg to €2.30/kg.”
“Friesian cattle were more difficult to sell – selling from €1.40/kg to €1.80/kg.” the mart manager added.
Raphoe Mart 19-08-2021:
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers ranged from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Cull cows sold from €850/head to €1610/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €580 to €1035 over;
- Beef bullocks – €580 to €855 over;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €810 over;
- Beef heifers – €480 to €1015 over;
- Store heifers – €350 to €850 over.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am
Upcoming special sales: Breeding sheep sale dates for 2021:
- September 8th;
- Also, September 22nd
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]