Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 24-03-2022
The mart manager reported that cattle in this category ranged from €2.50/kg to €3.10/kg at its most recent sale.
Medium weights also “sold well” from €2.60/kg to €3.20/kg for quality lots.
Meanwhile, lighter cattle met a “brisk” trade around the ring and online selling from €2.60/kg to €3.50/kg.
Aberdeen Angus cattle changed from €2.10/kg to €2.60/kg, while Friesian cattle fetched from €1.70/kg to €2.20/kg.
Raphoe Mart 24-03-2022
- Bulls over 600kgs – €800 to €950 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €910 to €1255 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €980 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €630 to €1355 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €300 to €760 over the weight;
- Fat cows – €670 to €1910 each.
Last week’s sheep sale
According to Harkin, fat ewes sold from €80 to €228 at Monday’s (March 21st, 2022) sheep sale.
Ewes with one lamb made from €150 to €200/team, while ewes with two lambs sold from €200 to €295/team.
- €80 to €110 for 28-33kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 34-37kgs;
- €130 to €150 for 38-45kgs;
- €150 to €170 for 46-60kgs.
Cattle sale 10-03-2022:
The mart manager reported that a “lively” trade prevailed around the ring and online for all types of stock.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “Farmers, agents and feedlot buyers are still anxious to purchase strong, forward cattle with many making from €2.50/kg to €2.90/kg for quality cattle.”
She reported that medium weights went under the hammer from €2.60/kg to €3.20/kg, while lighter weights sold from €2.60/kg to €3.50/kg.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – at [email protected]