Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 23-12-2021
The mart manager reported that quality stock sold from €2.40/kg to €2.80/kg, while plainer lots and Friesian-types made from €2.00/kg to €2.40/kg.
Raphoe Mart 23-12-2021:
- Bulls/bullocks fetched from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers pushed from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows reached from €640/head to €1660/head.
Last week’s cattle sale:
The mart manager reported that there was “brisk” bidding both around the ring and online.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, she said:
“Quality forward cattle were highly sought after again this week – selling from €2.30/kg to €2.70/kg and up to €1,200 over the weight.”
“Lighter lots also sold very well with in-spec lots selling up to €3.00/kg,” the manager of the Donegal-based mart added.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €800 to €990 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €800 to €835 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €885 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €660 to €1200 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €300 to €750 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices:
According to Harkin, trade remained “strong” at its last sheep sale on Monday, December 20th, with online ringside activity.
- €90 to €110 for 27-32kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 33-37kgs;
- €130 to €150 for 38-45kgs;
- €150 to €166 for 46-55kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €80 to a high of €208 each.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
First sales of 2022:
- Cattle: Thursday, January 6th;
- Sheep: Monday, January 10th.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]