Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 21-10-2021
According to mart manager, Ann Harkin, all cattle on offer at Raphoe this week “sold in a great trade”.
She reported that dairy-bred Angus and Hereford cattle sold from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg, while continental entries went under the hammer from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg.
Meanwhile, she added that heifers for breeding sold between €1,400 and €1,600/head.
Raphoe Mart 21-10-2021:
- Bulls ranged from €1.80/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Bullocks sold from €1.90/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers made from €1.90/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Fat cows climbed from €600/head to €2040/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €600 to €930 over;
- Beef bullocks – €650 to €1010 over;
- Store bullocks €400 to €910 over;
- Beef heifers – €520 to €1075 over;
- Store heifers – €350 to €860 over.
Last week’s sale
The mart manager reported that quality stock met a “strong” trade with many selling from €2.50/kg to €2.80/kg.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “This week’s sale saw more lighter cattle entering the sales ring than was seen in previous weeks with competition around the ring and online for in-spec lots.”
- Bulls made from €2/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Bullocks ranged from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows went under the hammer from €500/head to €1720/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €600 to €770 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €1095 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €850 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €500 to €965 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €740 over the weight.
Harkin reported that store lambs, in particular, met with a “strong” trade at the Donegal-based mart on Monday.
- €80 to €100 for 28-32kgs;
- €100 to €110 for 33-36kgs;
- €110 to €120 for 37-41kgs;
- €120 to €130 for 42-45kgs;
- €130 to €144 for 46-55kgs;
- Fat ewes sold from €70 to €150 each
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]