Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 20-10-2022
According to Ann Harkin, this week’s cattle sale at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, October 20th, 2022, attracted another “good” entry of stock.
The mart manager reported that strong, forward cattle “continued to be highly sought” after, with farmers, agents and feedlot buyers all competing for quality lots which changed hands from between €2.80/kg to €3.20/kg.
Meanwhile, medium weights also “sold well”, reaching €3/kg and more in some cases, while plainer lots fetched from €2.00/kg to €2.60/kg.
Lighter cattle also met a “brisk” trade with quality stock selling from €3/kg to €3.80/kg.
Friesian cattle made from €1.60/kg to €2.15/kg, while Aberdeen Angus cattle ranged from €2.20/kg to €2.60/kg.
Raphoe Mart 20-10-2022:
- Bulls over 600kgs – €600 to €975 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €700 to €1215 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1125 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €620 to €1275 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €965 over the weight.
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €2.30/kg to €3.20/kg;
- Heifers sold from €2.40/kg to €3.80/kg;
- Fat cows fetched from €700/head to €1840/head.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, lambs reached €142/head on Monday, while fat ewes topped out at €160/head.
- €80 to €100 for 28-36kgs;
- €100 to €120 for 37-42kgs;
- €120 to €130 for 43-46kgs;
- €130 to €142 for 47-60kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €50/head to €160/head
Read more on this mart report.
Last week’s sheep prices
According to Ann Harkin, another large entry came under the hammer at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, October 13th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that strong demand for stock is still evident around the ring, with farmers, agents and feedlot buyers all in attendance.
Strong forward types were “highly sought after”, as quality lots crossed the scales from €2.70/kg to €3.20/kg.
On the other hand, lighter stores also met a “brisk” trade with quality lots from €2.80/kg to €3.30/kg, while plainer lots made from €2.30/kg to €2.70/kg.
Aberdeen Angus cattle fetched from €2.10/kg to €2.60/kg, while Friesian cattle made from €1.70/kg to €2.20/kg.
Bulls/bullocks made from €2.40/kg to €3.20/kg, while heifers sold from €2.40/kg to €3.30/kg, and fat cows changed hands from €710/head to €1850/head.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am.
You can find more mart reports.