Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 14-10-2021
The mart manager reported that quality stock met a “strong” trade with many selling from €2.50/kg to €2.80/kg.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “This week’s sale saw more lighter cattle entering the sales ring than was seen in previous weeks with competition around the ring and online for in-spec lots.”
Raphoe Mart 14-10-2021:
- Bulls made from €2/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Bullocks ranged from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows went under the hammer from €500/head to €1720/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €600 to €770 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €1095 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €850 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €500 to €965 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €740 over the weight.
Last week’s cattle sale
The manager of the Donegal-based mart reported that “strong, quality cattle remained in high demand”.
“Brisk bidding around the ring and online saw many lots sell from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg.”
She reported that medium weights sold from €2.40/kg to €2.90/kg, while plainer, lighter Hereford and Friesian cattle pushed from €1.50/kg to €2.00/kg.
Sheep prices this week
According to Harkin, there was a “good” trade for all sheep on offer this week. She reported that the majority of lots found new homes at Monday’s sale.
- €80 to €100 for 28-33kgs
- €100 to €110 for 34-36kgs
- €110 to €120 for 37-42kgs
- €120 to €130 for 43-46kgs
- €130 to €144 for 47-53kgs
- Fat ewes sold from €80 to €130 each
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am
Weanling sale dates for 2021 (Intake from 4 pm and sale at 7 pm):
- Tuesday, October 19th
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – firstname.lastname@example.org