Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 14-07-2022
The mart manager reported that prices were “on par” with returns that the mart recorded the previous week.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “Forward cattle sold to €1340 over the weight while cows reached prices of €3200 for 995kg cow.”
“Lighter cattle also sold well ranging in price from €2.30/kg for plainer lots to over €3/kg for quality stock.”
Aberdeen Angus cattle went under the hammer from €2.20/kg to €2.70/kg, while Friesian cattle changed hands from €1.80/kg to €2.30/kg.
Raphoe Mart 14-07-2022
- Bulls over 600kgs – sold to €905 over the weight;
- Beef Heifers – €775 to €835 over the weight;
- Store Heifers – €315 to €880 over the weight.
- Beef Bullocks – €575 to €1340 over the weight;
- Store Bullocks – €515 to €920 over the weight;
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €2.20/kg to €3.20/kg
- Heifers pushed from €2.20/kg to €3.10/kg
- Fat cows varied from €780/head to €3200/head
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, prices reached €195/head at this week’s sheep sale (Monday, July 11th, 2022).
She reported that lambs topped out at €157/head, while fat ewes peaked at €195.
- €80 to €100 for 28-33kgs;
- €100 to €135 for 34-40kgs;
- €135 to €148 for 41-46kgs;
- €148 to €157 for 47-55kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €80/head to a high of €195/head.
Last week’s cattle prices
The mart manager reported that “another excellent” entry of stock came under the hammer this week.
She reported that quality lots reached highs of €3.50/kg to €3.60/kg, while plainer lots changed hands from €2.20/kg to €2.60/kg
Read the report in full.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email our editor, Catherina Cunnane at [email protected]