Raphoe Mart report – cattle prices – 12-08-2021
The mart manager reported, “a great demand” for quality entries as these ranged from €2.60/kg to €2.80/kg.
“A good entry of HE and AA cattle on offer also with quality animals selling from €2/kg to €2.30/kg. Plainer lots sold from €1.80/kg to €2/kg,” she added.
Raphoe Mart 12-08-2021:
- Bulls/bullocks made from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers sold from €2/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Fat cows ranged from €600/head to €2020/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €720 to €1080 over;
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €925 over;
- Store bullocks – €380 to €945 over;
- Beef heifers – €480 to €1145 over;
- Store heifers – €300 to €740 over.
Raphoe Mart – cattle prices 05-08-2021
The mart manager reported a “great trade ringside and online, particularly for quality stock”.
Raphoe Mart 05-08-2021
“May stronger cattle sold from €2.30/kg to €2.70/kg. Lighter lots sold from €2.70/kg to €3/kg. Lighter, Friesian cattle proved difficult to sell.”
“AA and HE-bred cattle remained in demand amongst buyers.”
Sheep sale 09-08-2021:
According to Harkin, a “very large entry” of sheep was on offer at Monday’s sale.
She reported a “strong trade for all, both at ringside and online, with very few unsold”.
Lambs sold at:
- €80 to €90 for 27-35 kgs;
- €100 to €120 for 36-44 kgs;
- €120 to €132 for 45-52 kgs.
- Breeding hoggets sold from €170 to €230;
- Fat ewes fetched from €60 to €190.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am
Upcoming sales: Breeding sheep sale dates for 2021:
- August 25th;
- September 8th;
- Also, September 22nd
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – firstname.lastname@example.org