Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 10-03-2022
The mart manager reported that a “lively” trade prevailed around the ring and online for all types of stock.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “Farmers, agents and feedlot buyers are still anxious to purchase strong, forward cattle with many making from €2.50/kg to €2.90/kg for quality cattle.”
She reported that medium weights went under the hammer from €2.60/kg to €3.20/kg, while lighter weights sold from €2.60/kg to €3.50/kg.
Raphoe Mart 10-03-2022:
- AA cattle made from €2.10/kg to €2.70/kg;
- FR cattle fetched from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg;
- Bulls/bullocks climbed from €2.20/kg to €3.30/kg;
- Heifers traded from €2.30/kg to €3.50/kg;
- Fat cows changed hands from €800/head to €1770/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €840 to €1315 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €920 to €1045 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €860 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €600 to €1170 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €880 over the weight.
This week’s sheep sale
According to Harkin, fat ewes met with an “exceptional” trade on Monday, March 7th, 2022.
She reported that prices in this category ranged from €80-€214/head.
Ewes with one lamb traded from €150 to €185/team, while ewes with two lambs sold from €200 to €315/team.
- €110 to €130 for 34-40kgs;
- €130 to €150 for 41-47kgs;
- €150 to €160 for 48-55kgs.
Last week’s cattle sale:
The mart manager reported that all stock saw improved prices on previous weeks.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “Strong, forward cattle met a brisk trade selling from €2.60/kg up to and over €3.00/kg.”
“Medium weights also sold well and made from €2.70/kg to €3.30/kg, with quality lots up to €3.50/kg,” Harkin added.
See sample prices.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – at [email protected]