Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 10-02-2022
“Brisk” bidding around the ring and online led to a “super” trade for all stock at Raphoe Mart’s cattle sale on Thursday, February 10th, 2022.
That is according to Ann Harkin, mart manager, who reported that a larger entry turned out for this week’s sale.
She reported “high” demand for strong forward-types with many selling up to €2.80/kg to €2.90/kg.
Medium weights changed hands from €2.50/kg to €3.10/kg, while lighter weights sold from €2.60/kg to €3.40/kg.
Aberdeen Angus cattle pushed from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg, while Friesian cattle traded from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg.
Raphoe Mart 10-02-2022:
- Bulls/bullocks made from €2.20/kg to €3.20/kg;
- Heifers varied from €2.30/kg to €3.40/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €800/head to €1700/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €1000 to €1100 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €750 to €1155 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1050 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €500 to €1250 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €765 over the weight;
- Fat cows – €800 to €1700 each,
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, a “good” trade led to a full clearance at the mart’s sheep sale on Monday, February 7th, 2022.
She reported that cull ewes ranged from €70 to €170 each, while ewes with one lamb pushed from €150 to €230/team and ewes with twin lambs climbed from €250 to €280/team.
Lamb prices included:
- €100 to €120 for 33-37kgs;
- €120 to €140 for 38-43kgs;
- €140 to €160 for 44-55kgs.
Last week’s cattle sale
The mart manager reported that buyers were active online and ringside for a “large entry of top quality cattle”.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €970 to €1150 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €700 to €1520 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €555 to €870 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €625 to €1285 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €950 over the weight.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – at [email protected]