Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 07-07-2022
The mart manager reported that “another excellent” entry of stock came under the hammer this week.
She reported that quality lots reached highs of €3.50/kg to €3.60/kg, while plainer lots changed hands from €2.20/kg to €2.60/kg.
Raphoe Mart 07-07-2022
- FR cattle sold from €1.80/kg to €2.40/kg;
- AA cattle sold from €2.10/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Bulls/bullocks peaked at €1620 over the weight;
- Heifers reached prices of €1575 over the weight;
- Fat cows sold from €600/head to €2260/head.
- Beef bullocks – €780 to €1140 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €417 to €1195 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €815 to €1575 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €745 over the weight;
- Bulls over 600kgs – €1110 to €1620 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Ann Harkin, fat ewes ranged from €80 to highs of €212/head at the mart’s sheep sale on Monday, July 4th, 2022.
28-33kg lambs changed hands from €75-€90, while those in the 34-37kg weight bracket ranged from €90-€120.
€120-€150 was the price range for 38-43kg lambs, while those 44-55kgs changed hands from €150-€165/head.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to Ann Harkin, there was an improvement in trade for the larger entry of stock on offer at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, June 30th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that with increased farmer activity, lighter weights met with an “improved” trade as prices ranged from €2.60-€3.50/kg.
She explained that Friesian cattle sold from €1.60/kg to €2.10/kg for lighter weights, while heavier Friesian cattle changed hands from €2.20/kg to €2.40/kg.
Meanwhile, Aberdeen Angus-bred cattle changed hands from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg at its most recent cattle sale.
Read more on this.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email our editor, Catherina Cunnane at firstname.lastname@example.org