Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 07-04-2022
The mart manager reported that factory agents, feedlot buyers and farmers were “eager” to purchase stock.
She said that demand for quality, forward cattle was “very evident” with many fetching from €2.40/kg to €3.15/kg.
Furthermore, medium weights ranged from €2.40/kg to €3.20/kg, while lighter stock sold from €2.50/kg to €3.40/kg.
On the other hand, Aberdeen Angus cattle changed hands from €2/kg to €2.60/kg and Friesian cattle sold from €1.70/kg to €2.20/kg.
Raphoe Mart 07-04-2022:
- Heifers made from €2.30/kg to €3.40/kg;
- Fat cows fetched from €820/head to €2650/head;
- Bulls/Bullocks sold from €2.20/kg to €3.20/kg.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €945 to €1650 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €627 to €1055 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €1140 to €1285 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €965 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €595 to €1440 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices:
According to Ann Harkin, spring lambs sold from €170 to €192 for 46-56kgs at Monday’s (Monday, April 4th, 2022) sheep sale.
- Ewes with one lamb sold from €120 to €175/team;
- Ewes with two lambs sold from €180 to €320/team;
- Fat ewes made from €80 to €284 each.
- €80 to €110 for 28-33kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 34-39kgs;
- €130 to €150 for 38-46kgs;
- €150 to €170 for 47-55kgs.
- Beef bullocks – €850 to €1270 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1150 over the weight;
- Bulls over 600kgs – €900 to €1610 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €895 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €650 to €1255 over the weight.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – at email@example.com