Raphoe Mart report – cattle prices – 06-05-2021
The mart manager reported that forward store cattle “still remain in great demand with farmers, agents and feedlot buyers very anxious to purchase these”.
She reported that these heifers sold to €1,100 over, while bullocks pushed up to €1,175 over the kg,
“Quality lighter cattle also met a great trade selling up to and over €3/kg. Lighter Friesian cattle were more difficult to sell with the adverse weather and grass conditions.” Harkin added.
Raphoe Mart 06-05-2021:
- Bulls/bullocks fetched from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers made from €2/kg to €3/kg;
- Fat cows ranged from €860/head to €1370/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €645 to €880 over;
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €1175 over;
- Store bullocks – €490 to €855 over;
- Beef heifers – €515 to €1105 over;
- Store heifers – €350 to €690 over.
Cattle prices at Raphoe Mart last week
The mart manager reported that a “brisk trade leading to an almost complete clearance”.
“Quality forward stock are still in great demand amongst farmers, feedlot buyers and factory agents who all drove the trade.”
“Medium weights were also highly sought after with agents and farmers anxious to purchase for grazing and further feeding.”
“A sharp trade for lighter weights including Hereford and Aberdeen Angus beef cattle selling from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg and continentals selling from €2.40/kg to €3/kg.”
Raphoe Mart 29-04-2021:
- Bulls/bullocks ranged from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €650/head to €1450/head;
- Bulls over 600kgs – €630 to €1190 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €710 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €815 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €600 to €1010 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €300 to €685 over the weight.
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11am
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385 or email – email@example.com or see Facebook here.
You can find more mart reports here