Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 04-11-2021
The mart manager reported that a “large” entry of cattle came under the hammer at its general cattle sale.
She explained that quality cattle sold from €2.40/kg to €2.80/kg, while plainer types ranged from €2.00/kg to €2.50/kg.
Raphoe Mart 04-11-2021:
- Bulls made from €1.80/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Bullocks ranged from €2/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Heifers varied from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows pushed from €550/head to €2020/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €600 to €1030 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €640 to €1205 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1045 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €500 to €960 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €830 over the weight.
Last week’s cattle sale
The mart manager reported that “some great quality cattle were on offer, with a great demand for these”.
“Stronger lots sold from €2.20/kg to €2.60/kg, while lighter lots sold from €2.40/kg to €2.80/kg.”
“Aberdeen Angus and Hereford cattle also sold well and, in most cases, sold from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg.”
Read the full mart report.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, a “large” entry of sheep was on offer on Monday, November 1st, 2021.
She reported a “strong” trade with ringside and online activity.
- €80 to €100 for 27-32kgs;
- €100 to €120 for 33-40kgs;
- €120 to €140 for 41-46kgs;
- €140 to €157 for 47-55kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €80 to €166 each
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]