Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 03-03-2022
The mart manager reported that all stock saw improved prices on previous weeks.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “Strong, forward cattle met a brisk trade selling from €2.60/kg up to and over €3.00/kg.”
“Medium weights also sold well and made from €2.70/kg to €3.30/kg, with quality lots up to €3.50/kg,” Harkin added.
Raphoe Mart 03-03-2022:
- Lighter weights made from €2.80/kg to €3.80/kg;
- Friesian cattle fetched from €1.90/kg to €2.20/kg;
- Bulls/Bullocks ranged from €2.50/kg to €3.40/kg;
- Heifers varied from €2.60/kg to €3.80/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €710/head to €2200/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €600 to €835 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €780 to €1305 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1160 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €580 to €1625 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €835 over the weight.
According to Harkin, fat ewes sold from €70-€228/head, while ewes with one lamb at foot ranged from €150-€195/head and ewes with twin lambs pushed from €220-€315/head.
Hoggets sold at:
- €80 to €100 for 28-33kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 34-39kgs;
- €130 to €150 for 40-49kgs;
- €150 to €160 for 48-58kgs.
Last week’s cattle sale
According to Harkin, Trade remains “very strong” for all stock with factory agents and feedlot buyers “anxious” to purchase.
- Forward cattle made from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Medium weights fetched from €2.40/kg to €3.20/kg;
- Lighter weights from €2.50/kg to €3.50/kg.
- Beef bullocks – €800 to €1230 over the weight
- Store bullocks – €500 to €840 over the weight
- Beef heifers – €515 to €1150 over the weight
- Store heifers – €325 to €695 over the weight
- Fat cows – €880 to €1770 each.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – at [email protected]