Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 03-03-2022
According to Ann Harkin, there was a larger entry on offer at Raphoe Mart’s cattle sale on Thursday, February 3rd, 2022.
The mart manager reported that all stock saw improved prices on previous weeks.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “Strong, forward cattle met a brisk trade selling from €2.60/kg up to and over €3.00/kg.”
“Medium weights also sold well and made from €2.70/kg to €3.30/kg, with quality lots up to €3.50/kg,” Harkin added.
Raphoe Mart 03-03-2022:
- Lighter weights made from €2.80/kg to €3.80/kg;
- Friesian cattle fetched from €1.90/kg to €2.20/kg;
- Bulls/Bullocks ranged from €2.50/kg to €3.40/kg;
- Heifers varied from €2.60/kg to €3.80/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €710/head to €2200/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €600 to €835 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €780 to €1305 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1160 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €580 to €1625 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €835 over the weight.
According to Harkin, fat ewes sold from €70-€228/head, while ewes with one lamb at foot ranged from €150-€195/head and ewes with twin lambs pushed from €220-€315/head.
Hoggets sold at:
- €80 to €100 for 28-33kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 34-39kgs;
- €130 to €150 for 40-49kgs;
- €150 to €160 for 48-58kgs.
Last week’s cattle sale
According to Harkin, Trade remains “very strong” for all stock with factory agents and feedlot buyers “anxious” to purchase.
- Forward cattle made from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Medium weights fetched from €2.40/kg to €3.20/kg;
- Lighter weights from €2.50/kg to €3.50/kg.
- Beef bullocks – €800 to €1230 over the weight
- Store bullocks – €500 to €840 over the weight
- Beef heifers – €515 to €1150 over the weight
- Store heifers – €325 to €695 over the weight
- Fat cows – €880 to €1770 each.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – at [email protected]atsfarming.com