Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 03-02-2022
The mart manager reported that buyers were active online and ringside for a “large entry of top quality cattle”.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “There was great demand for in-spec stock which sold from €2.60/kg to €3.00/kg, with a top price of €2,200 for 680kgs.”
“Medium weight cattle were also highly sought-after, selling from €2.70/kg to €3.20/kg while lighter lots sold from €2.50/kg to €3.50/kg,” she added.
In general, Aberdeen Angus cattle fetched from €2.20/kg to €2.70/kg, while Friesian cattle traded from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg.
Raphoe Mart 03-02-2022
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €2.20/kg to €3.40/kg;
- Heifers changed hands from €2.30/kg to €3.50/kg;
- Fat cows ranged from €700/head to €1760/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €970 to €1150 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €700 to €1520 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €555 to €870 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €625 to €1285 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €950 over the weight.
Previous week’s sale
The mart manager reported that buyers were active both at the ringside and online.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “Strong forward stock sold up to €2.80/kg, while lighter lots made up to €3.20/kg in the ring.”
“Meanwhile, Aberdeen Angus cattle were also highly sought after, selling from €2.20/kg to €2.60/kg,” she added.
- Bulls/bullocks sold from €2.10/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2.20/kg to €3.20/kg;
- Fat cows made from €600/head to €1770/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €600 to €1095 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €715 to €1230 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €480 to €1065 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €550 to €985 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €820 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, strong lambs met with an improved trade at Monday’s (January 31st, 2022) sheep sale.
- €80 to €110 for 28-33kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 34-40kgs;
- €130 to €150 for 41-46kgs;
- €150 to €159 for 47-55kgs.
- Fat ewes made from €70 to a high of €214
- Ewes with one lamb sold to a high of €245/team.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]