Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 01-12-2022
The mart manager reported that another “good” entry came under the hammer at its most recent weekly cattle sale.
Strong, quality stock changed from €2.70/kg to €3.20/kg, while lighter lots also met a “lively” trade, selling from €2.60/kg to €3.40/kg.
Bulls/bullocks fetched from €2.30/kg to €3.20/kg, while heifers sold from €2.40/kg to €3.40/kg, and fat cows ranged from €650/head to €2170/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €800 to €1360 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €1200 to €1285 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1140 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €980 to €1135 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €300 to €910 over the weight.
Last week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, there was a “strong” trade for all sheep on offer at this week’s (Monday) sale with a full clearance of lambs.
- €70 to €90 for 27-33kgs;
- €90 to €120 for 34-40kgs;
- €120 to €140 for 41-46kgs;
- €140 to €157 for 47-60kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €70/head to €180/head.
Last week’s cattle prices
The mart manager reported that demand was “strong” around the ring for all types on offer. Strong, forward cattle were “highly sought after”, selling up to and over €3/kg for quality lots.
Meanwhile, lighter cattle also “sold well”, changing hands from €3/kg to €3.40/kg.
Aberdeen Angus cattle went under the hammer from €2.10/kg to €2.60/kg, whiel Friesian cattle sold from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg.
Read more on this mart report.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am.
You can find more mart reports.