Kilkenny Mart report – calf prices -16-03-2021
Just shy of 500 entries went under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart on Tuesday, March 16th, according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer reported a smaller entry of calves in comparison to the previous week’s sale, which attracted some 700 lots.
“Trade peaked at €410/head for a Belgian Blue bull with continental heifers to €300. Friesian bulls recorded a top call of €220. Hereford/Aberdeen Angus bulls to a top of €325/head.”
Kilkenny Mart calf prices 16-03-2021
- First-rate Friesian bulls – €80-€220/head;
- Second-rate Friesian bulls – €30-€70/head;
- Continental bulls – €220-€410/head;
- Continental heifers – €180-€300/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford bulls – €130-€325/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford heifers – €100-€270/head.
Kilkenny Mart report – calf prices – 09-03-2021
The mart’s auctioneer reported a larger entry than the previous week, with a “good” trade for continental and traditional (Aberdeen Angus and Hereford) entries.
“The fact exporters were not operating impacted the trade for the lesser-type Friesian bull calf. Some Friesian calves could have done with more whole milk and more time to mature.”
Summary: Calf prices Kilkenny Mart 09-03-2021:
- First-rate Friesian bulls – €70-€210/head;
- Second-rate Friesian bulls – €10-€70/head;
- Continental bulls – €220-€440/head;
- Continental heifers – €170-€350/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford bulls – €120-€330/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford heifers – €80-€300/head;
- Friesian heifers – €220-€270/head.
Some 250 lots went under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart on Monday, March 15th, according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer reported that numbers are “staying small” with a top call of €174 for 57kg entries. “The want continues with the €174 barrier broken on a few occasions.”
- Butchers’ lambs- €3.00-€3.36/kg or €155-€174/head:
- Factory lambs – €3.00-€3.33/kg or €128-€163/head:
- Cast ewes – €87-€154/head.
- Address: Kilkenny Co-Operative Livestock Market LTD, Cillin Hill, Dublin Road, Co. Kilkenny
- Contact details: [email protected] or phone: 056-7721407 or see the mart’s website.
Upcoming sales (online-only due to Covid-19 restrictions):
- Sheep sale – Mondays at 10 am with dairy sale at 12 pm
- Calf sale – Tuesdays at 11 am.
- Cattle sale – Thursday – Cows at 10 am, followed by heifers, with bullocks at 10:30 am.
Mart reports – cattle and sheep prices:
Read more mart reports.