The Irish Hereford Breed Society will host its premier spring sale at GVM Tullamore on Saturday, March 27th, at 1 pm.
34 bulls top-quality Hereford bulls, all genotyped and sire verified (some lots fertilityHereford Society Tullamore sale tested), will go under the hammer.
- 80% of the bulls entered are 4 or 5 stars;
- 79% of bulls have a carcase weight value above the breed average;
- 76% of bulls have a beef value above the breed average;
- 71% of bulls have a Dairy-Beef Index (DBI) above the breed average;
- 65% of bulls have a gestation length less than the breed average;
- 65% of bulls have a conformation score better than the breed average.
Bull Finance Scheme is also available by contacting the IHBS office on (044) 93 48855 or [email protected]
Irish Hereford Prime will sponsor €250 towards any bull sold for €3,000 or more at the Premier Hereford Sale.
A spokesperson for the Irish Hereford Breed Society, said:
“This is a huge boost to breeders selling their bulls but also a great incentive for buyers to secure their next top Hereford sire. It is invaluable to have the support of Irish Hereford Prime at this time and even more so since regular selling conditions have been prohibited for now.”
With the sale being fully online and “all of the uncertainty that it brings for breeders”, the Irish Hereford Breed Society has decided to open an online viewing platform for breeders to showcase their bulls by video in advance of the sale.
“This was one of a few options that were available to breeders to show off their bulls leading & walking before live-streaming during the sale.”
“The society and Irish Hereford Prime, jointly subsidised the production of professional videos for any breeders who wished to avail of this. Breeders were also offered the option of creating their own videos.”
Sale rules & guidelines – Hereford Society Tullamore sale:
- Covid guidelines with regard to two meters distance and the wearing of face coverings must be adhered to by each person for the duration of the day.
- Buyers are permitted in the lairage for viewing by appointment only. Viewing will be open from 10 am to 12:30 pm. Visitors wishing to view bulls pre-sale should contact GVM Tullamore in advance on (057) 932 1196 & report to GVM front office on the day.
- Sales rings are closed to the public. Sales are online-only – Bidding only via the LSL: Livestock-Live app. Potential buyers must contact GVM Tullamore in advance of the sale on: (057) 932 1196.
- There will be a drop and go system for sellers – bulls must be dropped off the yard between 8am & 9:45 am, and sellers must leave the sales yard as soon as their bull(s) are unloaded & penned.
- Sellers are not permitted to remain on the mart premises while viewing is taking place.
- There will be at least one pen left vacant between each breeder (lots);
- Two Covid safety officers will remain on the mart premises with the bulls during the viewing period.
During the sale
- Each bull will have one designated person to prepare the bull and lead it around the ring on a halter.
- Only designated people are allowed on the mart premises.
- A maximumof six designated people are allowed on the mart premises at one time. That is, Lot 1 to Lot 6, and when Lot 1 returns to their pen – that seller must vacate the mart again to allow the breeder of Lot 7 to enter).
- The designated people remain in their vehicles until called to prepare their bull and lead their bull around the ring.
Keep an eye out on the society’s website for further updates closer to the time should circumstances change.
Upcoming Hereford Spring sales:
- Carrick-on-Shannon: Saturday, April 3rd
- Nenagh: Saturday, April 10th
- Bandon: Thursday, April 15th
- Kilmallock: Friday, April 16th
- Nenagh: Saturday, May 15th
Irish Hereford Prime has also decided to sponsor €200 towards the top FIVE highest-priced bulls in Nenagh, Bandon, Kilmallock & Nenagh May sale! Entry numbers & catalogues will be available two to three weeks prior to each sale.