Entries reached €4.33/kg at Ballymote Mart’s weanling heifer show and sale on Friday (October 16th), according to a spokesperson.
They noted that the sale attracted a large entry including some “super quality” lots.
The sale-topper came in the form of a March-2020-born Limousin-cross out of Lodge Hamlet and an APZ-sired dam. She weighed 360kgs and sold for €1,560.
- Weanling heifers under 200 kg – €300-€470 over;
- Lots 200-300kg – €250-€630 over;
- Lots 300-400 kg – €320-€1200 over;
- Heavier lots up to €825 over.
General cattle sale
Thursday’s general cattle sale saw strong demand for the increased numbers on offer, the spokesperson noted.
- Under 400 kg – €400-€600 over;
- Lots 400-500 kg – €450-€770 over;
- Lots 500-600 – €470-€800 over;
- Heavier lots up to €820 over.
- Under 500 kg – €320-€750 over;
- Over 500 kg – €400-€700 over.
- Up to €1,780 for a 2012-born CHX cow and CHX bull calf at foot.