Over 470 lots are catalogued for Midland and Western Livestock Improvement Society LTD’s 17th annual Winter Fair of commercial livestock in Carrick-on-Shannon.
The show will take place on Sunday, November 27th, at 11 am, and the sale will follow on Monday, November 28th, 2022.
There will be a range of showing classes for Charolais, Belgian Blue, Limousin, Angus, Hereford, Simmental, Shorthorn and Parthenaise male and female commercial cattle.
Championships as follows:
- Senior Charolais Champion;
- Reserve Senior Charolais Champion;
- Junior Charolais Champion;
- Reserve Junior Charolais Champion;
- Senior Limousin Champion;
- Reserve Senior Limousin Champion;
- Junior Limousin Champion;
- Reserve Junior Limousin Champion;
- Senior Belgian Blue Champion;
- Reserve Senior Belgian Blue Champion;
- Junior Belgian Blue Champion;
- Reserve Junior Belgian Blue Champion;
- Angus Champion;
- Reserve Angus Champion;
- Simmental Champion;
- Reserve Simmental Champion;
- Shorthorn Champion;
- Reserve Shorthorn Champion.
Organisers have confirmed judges for the event as follows:
- Martin and Murt Ryan, Thurles, Co Tipperary – Charolais and Parthenaise;
- Gareth Corrie, Newtownards, Co Down – Limousin and Butcher’s Heifer:
- John Cahalane, Skibbereen, Co Cork – Belgian Blue;
- Chris White, Ringcommons, Co Dublin – Simmental;
- John Blackburn, Clogher, Co Tyrone – Angus, Shorthorn and Hereford;
- Kirstin and Katie Cronin, Strokestown, Co Roscommon – Young Stockperson Class.
Statement from Abbott
In a statement, Thomas Abbott, president of Midland and Western Livestock Improvement Society LTD, said:
“I heartily welcome all to our 17th annual winter fair of commercial livestock in Carrick-on-Shannon.”
“I welcome our exhibitors from all over Ireland, who come to create a fantastic display of top-quality commercial cattle, and I wish them every success in their classes and in the sales ring.”
“Thank you to all our judges, who travel so willing to give their expertise, and of course, the event would not be possible without the most generous support of our many sponsors, both locally and nationally.”
“I wish to thank all committee members and stewards and wish to acknowledge the presence of many prospective buyers,” he concluded.