Blessington Mart – Cattle Prices – 24-11-2022
The beef cattle trade improved by €100/head in some cases at Blessington Mart’s most recent sale on Thursday, November 24th, 2022.
That is according to a spokesperson who reported that a smaller entry met with a “much better trade” for all classes at its general sale, which saw prices range from €100 to €1,460 over the kg.
Prices at Blessington Mart on 24-11-2022 as follows:
- Feeding cows – €280-€600 over;
- Beef cows – €700-€1,120 over;
- Beef bullocks – €1,100-€1,460 over;
- Continental store bullocks – €460-€840 over;
- HE/AA store bullocks – €360-€650 over;
- Friesian store bullocks – €100-€380 over;
- Beef heifers – €940-€1,200 over;
- Continental store heifers – €390-€680 over;
- HE/AA store heifers – €300-€540 over.
This week’s lamb prices
According to a spokesperson, fat lambs improved by €5-€7/head at the mart’s most recent sheep sale on Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022.
They reported that trade “remained very good” as prices ranged between €70-€156/head across all classes.
- Lighter ewes – €70-€116/head;
- Heavy ewes – €120-€156/head;
- Heavy lambs – €148-€156 or €96-€104 over;
- Factory lambs – €124-€148 or €80-€100 over;
- Store lambs over 40kgs – €114-€124 or €72-€85 over;
- Store lambs over 35kgs – €94-€116 or €59-€74 over;
- Store lambs over 30kgs – €64-€85 or €34-€56 over.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, a “very good” trade prevailed for all classes of cattle on Thursday, November 17th, 2022.
The spokesperson reported that the sale attracted “a lot” of customers for beef and store cattle, with highs of €950 over the kg at this week’s sale.
Blessington Mart 17-11-2022:
- Feeding cows – €280-€550 over;
- Beef cows – €600-€950 over;
- HE/AA store heifers – €300-€550 over;
- Continental store heifers – €400-€760 over;
- Friesian store bullocks – €140-€300 over;
- Beef bullocks – €960-€1,300 over;
- Continental store bullocks – €460-€940 over;
- HE/AA store bullocks – €330-€570 over.
Last week’s sheep prices
According to a spokesperson, fat lambs were up €5-€6/head on the previous week’s returns at its most recent sale on Tuesday, November 15th, 2022.
The mart spokesperson reported that all types of store sheep met with “great” deamnd with highs of €122/head in this category, while heavy ewes sold to €162/head and heavy lambs hit €150/head.
Read more on this mart report.