Blessington Mart – Cattle Prices – 22-09-2022
The staging of the National Ploughing Championships resulted in a smaller entry at Blessington Mart on 22-09-2022.
That is according to a spokesperson who reported that all classes of cattle met with a similar trade to the previous week.
Beef cows changed hands from €680-€1,080 over the kg, while feeding types ranged from €240-€570 over.
Meanwhile, beef bullocks made from €1,090-€1,380 over the kg, continental store types went under the hammer from €580-€1,040 over and Hereford and Angus stores ranged from €420-€780 over.
Meanwhile, Friesian store bullocks clicked from €200-€480/head at Thursday’s sale.
In the line of heifers, continental stores found new owners from €480-€860 over the kg, while Hereford and Angus stores made from €360-€650 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices
Meanwhile, according to the spokesperson, some 3,896 sheep went under the hammer at the mart’s sheep sale on Tuesday, September 20th, 2022.
They noted that a “good trade prevailed for all types of fat lambs and good-quality speckled-face ewe lambs”.
- Heavy lambs – €135-€142/head;
- Factory lambs – €118-€135/head;
- Lambs (stores) over 40kgs – €100-€118/head;
- Lambs (stores) over 30kgs – €64-€84/head;
- Heavy ewes – €140-€170/head;
- Lighter ewes – €74-€126/head;
- Suffolk-cross hogget ewes – €130-€210/head;
- Cheviot hogget ewes – €140-€205/ead;
- Cheviot-cross 3 and 4-year-old ewes – €120-€176/head;
- Suffolk-cross ewe lambs – €90-€140 or €640-€114 over;
- Breeding rams – €200-€460/head.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to the spokesperson, its cattle sale last week (September 15th, 2022), attracted a large entry, with prices to €1,300 over the kg.
They noted that smaller cattle were “that little bit harder to sell with a steady trade for stronger cattle”.
- Feeding cows – €270-€560 over;
- Beef cows – €670-€1,200 over;
- HE/AA store heifers – €360-€700 over;
- Continental store heifers – €480-€910 over;
- FR store bullocks – €280-€520 over;
- HE/AA store bullocks – €360-€760 over;
- Continental store bullocks – €540-€1,090 over;
- Beef bullocks – €1,140-€1,300 over.