Blessington Mart – Cattle Prices – 04-08-2022
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, a “very good” trade prevailed at its most recent cattle sale on 04-08-2022.
They reported that this was particuarly true in the case of “stronger” heifers and bullocks.
Beef cows went under the hammer from €540-€810 over the kg, while feeding types changed hands from €260-€490 over.
Meanwhile, beef bullocks made from €1,200-€1,400 over the weight, while continental store types pushed from €480-€1,000 over.
At Thursday’s sale, Hereford and Angus store bullocks sold from €400-€820 over, while Friesian-type stores made from €380-€800 over.
Hereford and Angus store heifers fetched from €400-€680 over the kg, and continental store heifers traded from €460-€910 over the kg.
This week’s sheep sale
At Tuesday’s (August 2nd, 2022) sheep sale, there was a “large” entry on offer and trade “remained similar” to the previous week for all classes.
The spokesperson reported that the sale drew “a lot” of customers for store lambs.
Heavy ewes made from €150-€188/head, while lighter types changed hands from €90-€146/head.
Store lambs sold from €85-€112/head or €58-€76 over the kg, while factory types fetched from €115-€135/head or €75-€90 over the weight and heavier types made from €135-€143/head or €86-€96 over.
Meanwhile, Suffolk-cross hogget ewes went under the hammer from €170-€210/head.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to a spokesperson, buyers were “very keen” to secure cattle at its sale on Thursday, July 28th, 2022.
- Feeding cows – €360-€560 over;
- Beef cows – €600-€860 over;
- HE/AA store heifers – €520-€860 over;
- Continental store heifers – €540-€920 over;
- Beef heifers – €820-€1,080 over;
- Continental store bullocks – €420-€670 over;
- HE/AA store bullocks – €470-€820 over;
- Continental store bullocks – €540-€960 over;
- Beef bullocks – €960-€1,310 over.
Last week’s sheep sales
According to a spokesperson, ewes met with a better trade on Tuesday, July 25th, while lambs were similar to the previous week.
- Heavy ewes – €170-€236/head;
- Lighter ewes – €90-€158/head;
- Heavy lambs – €138-€146 or €86-€98 over;
- Factory lambs – €124-€138 or €80-€96 over;
- Store lambs – €90-€120 or €65-€93 over.
Email your mart reports to – firstname.lastname@example.org