Ballymena Mart Prices
All records were broken at Ballymena Livestock Mart’s first suckled calf sale of the season on September 24th, 2022.
That is according to a spokesperson, who reported that Stephen and Sandra Gowdy’s 8-month-old Belgian-Blue-cross weanling heifer with “with tremendous show potential” crossed the scales at 310kgs and changed hands for £9,000.
The second top price of £4,000 was paid to Nugent Estates, Portaferry, for a Limousin heifer, also weighing 310kgs.
Charolais heifers made to £3,400, a price that was paid to McAfee Bros.
Bushmills, who also took the top call in the bullock section, found a new home for their 490kg calf at £1700.
According to the spokesperson, the top price per kilo in the bullock section was paid to V McErlaine Armoy for a Charolais weighing 360kgs at £1,370 (3.81p/kg).
Before the sale, a show of Charolais and Limousin calves was held and judged by B Finnegan and K Diamond, respectively. Both Limousin sections were won by Ivan Lynn Armoy, and both Charolais sections were won by McAfee Bros.
Bullocks – 0-300kgs:
- V Hamilton C’dun Char 300kgs @ £1110 (370p);
- Char 210kgs @ £770 (367p);
- L Lynn Armoy Lim 240kgs @ £870 (363p);
- A Millar Antrim Char 300kgs @ £1070 (357p);
- V Hamilton Char 250kgs @ £890 (356p);
- L Lynn Lim 240kgs @ £850 (354p);
- P Gilmore Kilrea Char 250kgs @ £880 ( 352p);
- A Millar Char 310kgs @ £1060 (342p);
- O’Kane Carnlough Char 310kgs @ £1060 (342p);
- R McGinley B’money Char 330kgs @ £1120 (339p);
- O’Kane Farms Dunloy Lim 330kgs @ £1110 (336p);
- A Millar Char 310kgs @ £1040 (335p);
- I Lynn Lim 340kgs @ £1140 (332p).
- V McErlaine Armoy Char 360kgs @ £1370 (381p);
- D Robinson Glenarm Lim 360kgs @ £1160 (322p);
- V McErlaine Char 400kgs @ £1270 (317p);
- O’Kane Farms Lim 370kgs @ £1150 (310p);
- P McAleese Loughgiel Char 360kgs @ £1110 (308p);
- J Mills K’Waughter Char 370kgs @ £1140 (308p);
- S Douglas Limavady Char 370kgs @ £1140 (308p);
- J O’Kane Cushendall Char 380kgs @ £1170 (308p).
- A&D McAfee Bushmills Char 490kgs @ £1700 (347p);
- R Workman K’waughter Char 440kgs @ £1480 (336p);
- V McErlaine Char 450kgs @ £1500 (333p);
- Char 460kgs @ £1510 (328p);
- L Lynn Lim 440kgs @ £1420 (323p);
- V McErlaine Char 450kgs @ £1440 (320p).
- A&D McAfee Char 260kgs @ £3400 (1308p);
- S Gowdy Lim 290kgs @ £3000 (1034p);
- Nugent Estates Lim 300kgs @ £1110 (370p);
- V Hamilton Char 280kgs @ £1010 (361p);
- L Lynn Lim 270kgs @ £940 (348p).
- S Gowdy BB 310kgs @ £9000 (2903p);
- Nugent Estates Lim 310kgs @ £4000 (1290p);
- E&A Holden Larne Lim 340kgs @ £2200 (647p);
- Lim 320kgs @ £1560 (487p);
- L Lynn Lim 320kgs @ £1420 (444p);
- A&D McAfee Char 330kgs @ £1400 (424p);
- W&G Hanna B’money Lim 350kgs @ £1380 (394p).
- L Lynn 2 x Lim 400kgs @ £1850 (462p);
- V McErlaine Lim 360kgs @ £1480 (411p);
- A Magill Carnlough Lim 370kgs @ £1520 (411p);
- S Weatherup Ballyclare Blon 390kgs @ £1480 (379p);
- Nugent Estates Lim 370kgs @ £1400 (378p);
- L Lynn Lim 400kgs @ £1420 (355p);
- V McErlaine Char 400kgs @ £1420 (355p).
- L Lynn Lim 420kgs @ £2700 (643p);
- Lim 430kgs @ £2600 (605p);
- Lim 450kgs @ £2500 (557p);
- A&D McAfee Char 500kgs @ £2000 (400p);
- V McErlaine Char 420kgs @ £1380 (329p);
- I Lynn Lim 410kgs @ £1280 (312p);
- V McErlaine Char 410kgs @ £1270 (310p).
Report more mart reports.