Saturday, December 9, 2023
8.4 C
HomeBeefBallybay Mart: Matter before High Court
Catherina Cunnane
Catherina Cunnane
Catherina Cunnane hails from a sixth-generation drystock and specialised pedigree suckler enterprise in Co. Mayo. She currently holds the positions of editor and general manager at That's Farming, having joined the firm during its start-up phase in 2015.
Reading Time: 2 minutes

Ballybay Mart: Matter before High Court

The suspension of Ballybay Mart’s licence is currently “before the courts”.

The High Court will “further consider the licence suspension matter” next Tuesday, November 23rd, 2021.

Ballybay Mart 

In a statement to That’s Farming, a spokesperson for the PRSA, said:

“On November 16th, 2021, pursuant to Section 64(4) of the Property Services (Regulation) Act 2011, the PSRA made an application on an ex parte basis to the High Court for an interim order to suspend the licence of Corcaghan Co-Operative Agricultural & Dairy Society Ltd, trading as Ballybay Livestock Sales.”

“The High Court granted the authority an order dated November 16th, 2021 suspending the Ballybay Mart’s licence until November 23rd, 2021, when the court will further consider the licence suspension matter.”

“As this matter remains before the court, the authority will not comment any further at this time.”

“Any matters relating to queries from clients of the mart should be addressed directly to Ballybay Mart,” the spokesperson concluded.

That’s Farming, contacted the PRSA for comment on October 22nd, 2021.

In a statement at the time, a spokesperson for the PRSA said:

“I wish to advise that the Property Services Regulatory Authority (PSRA) does not comment on any individual dealings with any Property Service Providers (PSP’s) under its remit.”

PRSA’s role

The Property Services Regulatory Authority (PSRA) is responsible for licencing and regulating property services providers in Ireland.

Property service providers (PSPs) are people or companies involved in:

  • Auctioning property other than land;
  • Buying, selling, or letting land;
  • Property management services.

All PSPs must have a PSRA licence. A PSP can only provide the service or services that they have a licence for.

The PSRA maintains and publishes a register of all licensed property service providers.

The register lists the name, number, licence type and location of each PSP.

Read more mart-related news

To contact That’s Farming, email – [email protected]

- Advertisment -

Most Popular